Job ProfileProfiles in Compassion
Our most important requirement is that you personify "The Holiday Touch," which is our term for the genuine warmth, empathy and respect with which we treat our residents and staff. It creates the sense of family and friendship that defines our communities and our company.
While previous experience serving seniors or eldercare is a plus, it is not required. In addition to "The Holiday Touch," the "working couples" most likely to succeed in this position have:
- Business/operational and financial management experience including supervision, customer service, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Demonstrable sales skills, honed within a relationship or longer sales cycle environment.
- Willingness to relocate within your general region (we'll consider your preferences and may help with relocation costs).
- Been in business together; a demonstrated ability to work in a team setting, both with your partner/spouse (you'll spend a lot of time together, depending on one another to carry a fair share of the responsibilities) and with other staff.
- The willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and pitch in with whatever is needed
- The ability to remain focused, patient and steady in accomplishing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in computer use and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
BenefitsEvery Holiday Retirement Community has management teams living on-site to assist the residents, and they don't just manage a facility, they lead a Community of residents and staff.
In addition to a salary, we reward our Community management teams with many additional benefits including:
- Rent-free onsite accommodation/apartment with paid utilities including electricity, water, cable and more.
- Three chef-prepared meals, seven days a week, as well as housekeeping and linen service.
- Full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, and 401(k) plan eligibility.
- Two weeks paid vacation per year PLUS the ability to enjoy our travel program, meaning you can stay at any of our 300+ Communities at no cost.
- Pet friendly facilities; as Managers, you can have a pet that weighs less than 20 pounds.
If you have right combination of leadership skills and compassion, there is potential for a long and rewarding career with Holiday Retirement. Consider: there are more than 75 million Baby Boomers in the US, and this generation is about to become the largest and wealthiest over-50 consumer group in US history. This is the fastest growing segment of the population: 35 million Americans are 65 or older and 4.2 million Americans are 85 or older, and life expectancy is increasing dramatically. And they'll all want somewhere like Holiday to live.
Keys to SuccessClearly it takes a special kind of person, a special kind of team and a special kind of working couple to succeed in this role. Compassion, humility and a commitment to serving others are absolute requirements. Resident emergencies can pop up at any time, from a simple situation such as "I locked my keys in my apartment" to more challenging ones. It may happen that a resident passes away and you'll spend a couple of hours comforting the family and taking care of logistics, and then have to put on a smile and help serve dinner.
You also will need to be able to juggle a lot of responsibilities while maintaining a calm and upbeat attitude -- it takes both physical and emotional stamina. In addition you'll need to truly enjoy working alongside your partner or spouse.